Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Spirits revived






Went for a 3-mile walk today and it felt so good to be able to enjoy fresh air and sunshine again. And no wind. So what if you have to watch for traffic and jump into snow banks to avoid being splashed or run over because there are no sidewalks. It is still worth every second. 
Yesterday I spent mostly in bed recovering from too much rich food for too long and my gall-bladder rebelled. So back to being careful. or at least more careful than I have been for the past few weeks. That's alright, the holidays were worth it; spending quality time with loved ones is always worth it. But, for now, no more cheesecake, no more lobster stew or dreamy, creamy French toast breakfast casserole, no more bacon, pumpkin pie or J's wonderful steak. Oh, it has been a glorious two weeks. At least I have my memories.

For anyone who may think this will be a blog about New Age ideas due to my title, Spirit of the Dragonfly, I say either, don't worry it's not, or sorry it's not. Depending on what one is looking for. I just have always felt a deep connection to the dragonfly and they are special to me. My Blackfeet ancestors might tell me that the dragonfly is my spirit guide. That would be nice; I'd like to think so. This is the closest I get to New Age. The First Nations believe that every living thing has a spirit. Well actually that all things have a spirit, because rocks also have spirit to them. I don't know, maybe they do; I have a deep affinity for rocks as well, as did my mother. Anyway, my point being that these beliefs were held centuries before the so-called New Age came along. I guess I sound as though I am disparaging the New Age phenom. Don't mean to be; it's just not for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment