Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Powerful Tool

Have been receiving some feedback, so far all positive. Of course, it has been from family and friends, so there may be a slight element of bias. You'll have to decide that for yourself.

Want to share part of an e-mail message from my son, Jon, who is a middle-school teacher in Kansas. We were having a discussion about writing and blogging and he wrote, "... truly believe that writing leads to insightful understandings of life, a wisdom that is found within. It seems that blogs are a powerful tool to "push the pen" and on one hand it is a collective product and every so often a composition is discovered and crafted that stands alone." 


Now, you'll probably say that I am biased also, and you'd be right. But, I think you'll have to agree that that is a cogent and intuitive piece of writing. Jon is an incredibly imaginative writer himself who publishes his poetry online at:  http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?sitename=ephraimsgarage&item=home  I'm so proud. And he's probably going to hate this, so I'll quit now. Although I have to add this picture of him and his youngest.




Isn't she something? I absolutely love this picture taken a year and a half ago. 


Back to the discussion at hand. I do agree with everything he said, especially that blogging is a "tool" or stimulus to keep you writing. And when you discover that there are people actually reading it, that stimulus becomes even more intense, albeit a bit daunting. I feel a responsibility comes with that knowledge. Each time I post, do I need to ask myself, "Does this have any value?" "Will this make a difference to anyone out there?" Maybe I do not have to. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment