Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nothing but food and fun

Housework done, venison stew cooking on the woodstove, cat sleeping on the rug, watching the Barefoot Contessa and the sun is shining. Another good day. Do have to confess, J made the stew as he always does. I peeled the potatoes and a few carrots, that's it. Now my job is to watch it and not to let it burn since J has gone to work; already added the potatoes so I'm pretty much done.
Have to go to the butchers for some fish, yes, fish because remember I have to eat healthier. With a freezer full of venison and a partner who prefers red meat and potatoes, I have to introduce the white meat and fish to the house if I want any. As it should be.
Then off to the farm for a few chores and to my house to find my mat cutter so I can frame up a family picture for J's mom. Love this woman, 97-yrs-old and sharp as a tack; it is fun to listen to her stories of J and his sibs growing up.
Ok, times a wastin'. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment