Friday, January 8, 2010

Blessings

"I am blessed every day." She said it often and meant it always. I was blessed to come into her life and she to mine a year before she passed on to her reward. Caring for this beautiful soul was one of the greatest joys of my life. I actually looked forward to going to work each day; it felt more like visiting and helping a friend than work. This lady held the most positive attitude toward life I've ever seen. She wasn't a pollyanna, but she found beauty and blessings in every day and nearly all people. She had many sayings that I have shamelessly appropriated. Besides the above there was "pretty, pretty, pretty," which she'd say whenever she looked out the window no matter the weather.  Of course it was true since she lived on an old farm on the side of a hill surrounded by rolling fields and forest with a great view of Mt. Washington and the White Mountains of NH. She taught me so much.

While writing this it has occurred to me that these are the same things that my mother tried to teach me growing up, but I didn't want to listen then.

No comments:

Post a Comment