Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Importance of Prayer

Spent the afternoon (and now the evening) watching football with J. Of course we are huge New England Patriots fans and this was a real nail biter of a game. I did a lot of praying and we won.  Did my prayers have anything to do with this win? I tried hard not to ask outright for a Pat's win, but for help for them to play their best and for "Thy Will be done", as my mother always taught me. Now I have to wonder.  It wasn't so much that the Pats won, but that the Raven's lost and at the last minute. A 3-point game lost by a missed field goal kick. They did outplay us in many ways and yet we still won. Wow. Maybe we had more people praying for us than they did. I know many will say we just got really lucky. I don't believe in luck. I do believe in the power of prayer. We were Blessed. So now the Pats go to the Super Bowl in 2 weeks and a lot more prayers will be said.

I also expect there are those out there who would say I shouldn't be wasting prayers on a game or that I shouldn't be bothering God over such unimportant matters. Don't think that is true. Belief and faith tell me that we can take anything (ANYTHING) to God. There is nothing too important or too unimportant.

No comments:

Post a Comment