Sunday, April 4, 2010

Naive, disingenuous, or immature?

Well, in my last post I mistakenly stated that President Obama was coming to Portland on the same day as the partially nude walkers were to be doing their thing. Wrong. He came on Thursday and got a great reception, rightfully so. And the bare-breasted ladies (and some men) walked through town yesterday. It seems they also got a great reception, with a lot of picture takers in tow. Some of the walkers took exception to having their pictures snapped without permission as per comments quoted in the Maine Sunday Telegram. One was angered by the idea that people thought it was an event that warranted taking pictures. One event watcher commented that he thought the walkers were naive if they did not expect people to take pictures. I'm not sure 'naive' is the word I would use. I'm thinking 'disingenuous' myself, but possibly just immature. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. "Disingenuous" was a great choice. I agree.
    BTW thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog. I also love reading & looking at pics of life on the other side of the world. Especially in cool places when it usually so hot here - it's my little escape :)

    ReplyDelete