Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Queen of the hill

We are trying to introduce our cat, Lacy, the stray we took in at J's, into this house (his mother's) with his mother's cat, Kit Kat. She is about 7 and has been queen of the hill all that time and she wants nothing to do with poor Lacy. She chased Lacy into the bedroom closet and I had to chase Kit Kat out of the room. Boy, she spit and growled at me; she wanted to attack me, I could tell, but she didn't. She is quite a spitfire that one. Poor Lacy didn't come out of the back of that closet all afternoon, but she is now laying on the bed in that little room. We've closed her in there for a while on the advice of the vet. She has her own box and food/water in there. He said for about a week anyway we should do this and let them sniff each other through the doors. One door is open about an inch w/a brick doorstop on the inside holding it and the other door into the living room is a folding louvered door. Hopefully this will work. J is not very optimistic, but I think it will eventually work. I hope that it will.

If you have any advice on this venture, please, I welcome any and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment